Health, Safety Management & Environmental Protection Policy
KYKLADES MARITIME It is the Company’s Policy to promote and enhance Health and Safety at Sea, Prevention of Human Injury
or loss of life, welfare of employees and avoidance of any adverse impact on the environment (marine or otherwise), including property.
KYKLADES MARITIME aims at safety and environmental excellence which is accomplished though the following objectives:
- To provide for Safe Practices in ship Operation and a safe and healthy working environment
- To prevent damage to the ship, her cargo and the environment
- To establish safeguards against identified risks and to operate the ships within ALARP (“as low as reasonably practicable”) levels of risk;
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury;
- To ensure that seafarers’ work environment on board ships promotes occupational safety and health;
- To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships,
including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety & Environmental Protection
In order to effectively implement its Health, Safety Management & Environmental Protection Policy the Company:
- Has appointed dedicated personnel with the responsibility to maintain an overview of Health, Safety and Environment matters
- Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry
- Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications which are issued by maritime organisations
and are directed towards creating a safe, healthy and pollution free (zero spill) environment
- Implements a Shipboard Occupational Health and Safety Program (SOHSP)
- Continuously monitors all safety and occupational health aspects of the vessels
- Frequently inspects and audits the vessels and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs
- Continuously improve its management system by taking corrective & preventive action for identified problem areas
- Provides adequate resources to effectively implement this management system
- Provides a framework for setting & reviewing environmental & other objectives and targets
- Makes every effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace and considers working safely a condition of employment
- Provides necessary resources to implement the occupational health and safety program
- Recognizes that no task is so important for an employee to put himself at risk of injury or illness in order to get it done
- Protects the Health of seafarers and provides prompt access to Medical Care on board and ashore when needed.
All Company employees, shore based and seafarers are responsible for implementing the Company’s Safety,
Health & Environment Protection Policy and are required to comply with the applicable standards and with
the ship’s occupational safety and health policy and program.
A structured framework for setting & reviewing environmental and other objectives and targets is set by the Company.
All Company employees, shore based and sea going are responsible for implementing the company’s Health,
Safety Management & Environmental Protection Policy.
The Company’s Management is responsible for monitoring and reviewing this Policy and the company’s
occupational health and safety program at regular intervals in order to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.